Sunday, July 31, 2016

Life is About Change

Change. Some of us are good at handling it, others aren't. I myself have had to adapt to a lot of change within the past few years. 
I grew up in a small town in Colorado. Until a few years ago, it was all I knew. Then I got sick. 
When I was forced to move to California with my aunt and uncle due to my health (severe sudden altitude sickness), it was extremely overwhelming.
Thankfully, my health has improved and I have made a very healthy social environment for myself as well. However, that does not mean it was not very difficult to get to this point.


The various classes that we are currently taking are teaching us how to handle stressful situations such as this. In the healthcare industry, providers need to be able to quickly adapt to whatever the situation demands. Whether it be from a patient or coworker, an unexpected situation can arise at any time which can put everyone in an awkward position if not handled delicately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment